EUROLAB latest news and updates about the COVID-19 pandemic
This EUROLAB news page is dedicated to the latest news and updates with relation to the current COVID-19 situation. EUROLAB is continuously monitoring this subject and informing its members on the latest developments. Testing is playing a critical role during these difficult times and EUROLAB members and national labs are heavily involved in supporting the identification and prevention of the virus spread.
Useful links and references:
- TIC Council COVID-19 Statement supported by the EUROLAB Members: Download here
- European Commission Recommendation on conformity assessment and market surveillance procedures within the context of the COVID-19 threat. This text is addressed to conformity assessment bodies operating in the EU. View the full text here.
- European Commission measure - Covid 19: more flexibility for Member States to carry out official controls on animals, plants, food and feed
- European standards for medical supplies made freely available to facilitate the increase of production. More information here.
- EA communication about the impact of the COVID-19 virus: available here.
- EA communication Coronavirus outbreak: Accredited laboratories for face masks testing: available here
- EA Communication on Coronavirus and face mask testing: available here
- European Center for Disease Control (ECDC)'s COVID-19 Overview: available here.
- EU-OSHA webpage on COVID-19 with many links to informative docs or other sources: available here.
- IAF Frequently Asked Questions COVID-19 outbreak available here.
- Interview with BBC News, where South Korea’s Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha emphasized the importance of testing and good laboratory practices, which have been key factors in Korea's successful battle against the Corona virus epidemic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IQkhaBifGQ&feature=youtu.be
- World Health Organisation's workplace guide: available here.